In 2020, a new ‘Super Category’ of Tennis Europe Junior Tour events will be introduced. This elite group of 14 & Under tournaments will award increased ranking points and will provide other increased benefits and services for participants.
Super Category status has been awarded to 5 of the Tour’s best-performing and most prestigious events in recognition of their extraordinary performance.
The ‘Super Category’ events for 2020 are:
- ONE-SGM Christmas Cup, Khimki (RUS) - week of 30th December
- Les Petits As, Tarbes (FRA) - week of 27th January
- Kungens Kanna & Drottningens Pris, Stockholm (SWE) - week of 24th February
- XXVII Taça Internacional Maia (POR) - week of 30th March
- 43 Internationale Deutsche Tennismeisterschaften Dueren (GER) - week of 27th July
Among other conditions, Super Category events must:
- Provide full hospitality for all National Squads and individual players, including main draw singles and doubles plus bonus draw players. Free lunch and dinner must be provided to qualifying individual players
- Provide minimum 3* accommodation
- Provide transportation from the venue to the hotel and vice versa
- Provide live scoring and live streaming throughout the tournament
- Ensure the referee is supported by an assistant referee, with Chair Umpires from Main Draw Round 1 and line judges/ball kids from semi-finals
Full information on Super Category events will be made available in the 2020 Tennis Europe Junior Tour Rules and Regulations, which will be published in the coming weeks.