Tennis Europe Academy
The new Tennis Europe Academy opened its doors for the first time in the autumn of 2018 to offer training camps for groups of elite young players (aged 14&Under and 16&Under) from Tier 1, Tier 2 and Tier 3 member nations, nominated by their national tennis federations.*
The Academy is a collaboration between Tennis Europe, the Czech Tennis Association and Tennis Club Prostejov and provides a unique opportunity to train alongside other elite players and national teams from across Europe under the tutelage of TC Prostejov's highly experienced team of coaches, led by former ATP world #5 Jiří Novák. National association coaches participating in the camp will also be highly involved.
Next Training Periods:
10th July - 16th July 2022
The Camp in Prostejov includes:
- Pick up from Vienna airport - Arrival Day: 10th July 2022 – Sunday
- 5 days (Mo.-Fr.) of training under supervision of Jiri Novak, former ATP Nr. 5
- Transfer to Most for the 2022 Tennis Europe European Championships 14&Under on 16th July 2022 – Saturday
Entry forms should be sent to email@example.com and duly signed by the respective National Association.
The number of players for the camp is limited = 20 - LIMIT HAS BEEN REACHED - BEFORE APPLYING PLEASE CONTACT TENNIS EUROPE
COVID - 19 INFORMATION:
Covid measures are expected to be as following:
- 2 meters social distancing
The details will be specified according to the situation before the start of the training period.
Please note that measures can change at short notice.
There is a possibility of additional training camps within different periods.
Interested nations should contact Maciej Szymonski minimum 7 weeks before the planned camp. The camp would be opened with minimum 4 players and coach arriving to Prostejov.
There will be no guardian service available unless higher number of players would need it. Local organisers reserve right to confirm/cancel additional training camp 4 weeks before the beginning of the camp at the latest.
A special offer is available for the 2022 camp:
- The camp (accommodation, meals, training) is free of charge.
- The number of available places is limited = 20.
- Players and nations will be accepted on first come, first served basis
- Not included: travel expenses, visas, insurance, additional (accompanying) persons, stringing, saunas, etc.
Please note that National Associations/players are fully responsible for their travel arrangements and insurance.
Accompanying persons (parents, coaches, etc) pay their own costs on site. There are special offers for accommodation (including breakfast: double room 1150 CZK/night – approx. €48, single room 1400 CZK/night - approx. €58). Hospitality (lunch and/or dinner) is also available for an extra 250 CZK/per lunch and 250 CZK/per dinner (approx. €10). This must be ordered on arrival at reception. Price for transportation to/from Vienna airport is €30 per additional person each way.
B) July Training Camp:
The national coaches receive direct the same hotel services (accomodation with breakfast and full pension - lunch and dinner) as the players for fee of 500Euro. The national association will pay this fee of 500Euro direct on our club account in advance.
Attendance at the camps includes:
- Tennis classes with TC Prostejov coaches (3-4 hours per day)
- Fitness classes with TC Prostejov coaches (1.5 hours per day)
- Meals (Full Board)
- Accommodation at the 3-star Hotel Tennis Club
- Return transport from Vienna Airport
Training Camp schedule:
- 1st day - arrival day, evening welcome meeting
- 2nd - 6th days - full camp schedule
- Last day - half day practice until noon, departures
TC Prostejov is one of Europe's best-known facilities and has hosted many international events, being the home of the final rounds of the ITF World Junior Tennis tournament. The tennis complex is situated in a quiet area of Prostejov. The facilities include 11 clay courts and 1 hard court. In case of bad weather, two inflatable indoor halls, one of which has a hard court, are accessible throughout the year. Also in the area there is the Hotel Tennis Club, which offers luxurious accommodation, and includes three indoor hard courts, 3 squash courts, a fitness center, bowling, a sauna, swimming pool, solarium, massage and more.
For further information, please contact Maciej Szymonski (+48 606 850 712).
* According to ITF Development Eligibility Criteria 2022 (Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Croatia, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, Georgia, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Israel, Kosovo, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, North Macedonia, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine).